© Carrie Boyko
Trusting Tanner Loves his GirlWhen Oliver and Xena voted to write our "10 Things" list, I voted against it. I'm just too busy for all this nonsense. But we agreed to be Democratic about it, so I'm stuck:
- My family got me from a Golden Retriever breeder who said I was a non-standard pup that was only worthy of a dog-chow fee. I think that translates to "I was cheap". I am taller than all the other Goldens and have a knobby head. Mom likes it, so it doesn't bother me a bit.
- I've taken more obedience classes in my life than any dog on the planet. Well, maybe. I'm super duper at Down, Stay.
- I'm happy, curious, fearless, friendly, confident, playful, and a fast runner. Ask any of the dogs at the dog park. "Eat my dust!"
- Mom says I'm submissive and she likes that. I'm not sure I know what it means, but she always pats my head and hugs me when she says it, so I guess it's good.
- I walk and swim almost every day. I would stay outside all day long if Mom would stay outside too. I really like being with her.
- I have a favorite couch that mom let's me sleep on, since I'm well behaved. I guess that means I'll lose that privilege if I don't behave, so I try really, really hard to be a good boy. I promise not to chew on another UNC hat, Dad.
- My nickname is Houdini because I can open just about anything: chain link fence gates, my front door, our cat's door, Oliver's crate, and our high-security, child-guard gate. So much for high security, huh! It's my job to teach our visitors how to open the gate; most of them can't figure it out.
- I trust my Mom and Toni so much that I even let them carry me on their shoulders. They never drop me. You can see my picture at the top of this post with Toni, and one with my mom near the top of the blog.
- Some things I like to do outside are dog park visits, walks, agility practice, biking, hiking, camping, greeting my neighbors in my yard, and....
- My 2 very favoritist things to do are play fetch and swim. Fetching in water is the bestest of all.
Can we play Fetch now?